Banana & Chocolate Chip Bread
- 125g unsalted butter (melted)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 – 4 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 cup plain flour (you can use bread flour as well)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- half cup of chocolate chips (or walnuts, raisins etc)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder (optional)
Serving: 10 – 12
Preheat oven to 170º for 20 minutes at least. Simultaneously, grease and line a loaf tin with oil or butter. Now for the wet batter, beat the melted butter and sugar until completely blended. Make sure you mix it well enough so that the butter isn’t warm anymore. Beat in eggs one at a time making sure that they don’t end up getting cooked (you do not want that!), then add the mashed bananas. Stir in the vanilla essence, cinnamon powder and set aside.
In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Once done, add the flour mixture, a third at a time into the wet batter. If you’re a chocolate lover – drop in a nice handful of chocolate chips (or walnuts, raisins etc). Pour into tin and bake for 1 – 1 1/4 hours.
Serve with a cup of tea or add a scoop of ice cream on the side and enjoy 😉